1 Information we collect
We collect any information that you provide to us through the app, if you don’t provide us with some or all of this information, it may affect the app’s functionality.
When creating an account via email, we collect your: first name, last name, phone and email address and selected university
When creating an account via facebook, we collect your: Public profile (name and profile picture) and facebook email
When importing your timetable from your university, we collect all your:
- Timetable information: including subject name/course code, class dates and times, class location, class type (Lecture, Tutorial etc) and class supervisor (if applicable)
- The degree/course/program you are enrolled in
The app may also collect information about your device and other information.
2 How we use the information
We may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected, for reasonably expected secondary purposes which are related to the primary purpose and in other circumstances authorised by law. We will generally use the information only to:
- allow you to use the app;
- communicate with you;
- comply with our legal obligations; and
- help manage and enhance our services.
3 Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- other companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf;
- courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities; and
- anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose the information to (either expressly or impliedly).
We will only transfer your personal information to third parties, other than those listed above, in the following circumstances:
1. to protect or defend:
– our legal rights or property; or
– our employees, agents and contractors;
2. to protect the safety and security of our website and other clients;
3. protect against fraud or for risk management purposes;
5. to comply with law or legal process; or
6. to enable the transfer of our organisation or its assets to another entity.
4 Your rights
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us. We may request you cover our reasonable costs for providing you access.
You have the right to request deletion of the information that we hold about you by sending your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to make sure that your personal information is up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information which you think is inaccurate. If you have any queries or concerns about your rights, please contact the Office of Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
6 Contact us